Monday 19 December 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes! - Christmas Morning Delight!

Okay folks, first off, I'm sorry I didn't post a recipe last week. Things have been a bit crazy in the hooose, and it just wasn't working. Also, I like to try a recipe a couple of times before posting it, to make sure it's honestly a decent recipe. I eat everything I post. I don't post anything I wouldn't eat.

That said, we are back.

One of the things a lot of people fear when going Vegan is "how weird will my food get? Will I have to eat freaky stuff ALL the time". The short answer is "no". Here's a great recipe that every non-vegan I have given it to hasn't noticed that it's...*gasp*...vegan.

A simple pancake recipe for Christmas morning. Who doesn't love pancakes? This one is light and fluffy, and the kids like them.

Mmmm, pancakes.

Ingredients:
2 Cups  - All Purpose Flour
4 tsp - Baking Powder
3 tbsp - Sugar
2 tsp - Salt
2 tbsp - Vegetable Oil
2 tsp - Vanilla Extract
2 Cups - Original Soy Milk (do not use "low fat")

OPTIONAL
Dark Chocolate
Ripe Banana


In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Add Soy Milk, then Vanilla and Vegetable Oil. Mix until well combined, but don't over mix it. This is a morning meal, no one wants to break a sweat before the coffee is done. Speaking of that, turn on a pan to med-high (electric) or med (gas) and put some coffee on. If you are having chocolate & banana pancakes, chop up the chocolate and slice the banana.


Hey, want a trick for testing to see if your pan is hot enough? Drip a drop of water onto the pan, it should bounce before sizzling.


Now brush just a bit of oil on the hot pan, and drop your pancake batter into the pan, I use a generous tablespoon. Quickly set your banana slices into the batter and dash them with chocolate pieces, mmmm.


When the pancake starts to bubble, or if you see a hint of golden on the edges, give them the flip.


Cook till golden, serve with maple syrup and it's okay to have seconds, really.


Quantity: if you use the tablespoon method (like I did), I made 24 pancakes from this recipe on the weekend.
Time: I think this took me under 30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment